Sunday 21 October 2012

Long Weekender

Hello gorgeous people!


I'm back from a weekend of gallivanting in the darkest reaches of the English countryside: lucky me! I had a wedding on Friday, so my 1950s glad-rags came out in order to show the bride not to tell me I can wear an ostentatious dress if she didn't mean it! We had a HUGE hotel room but didn't get much of a chance to take advantage of the facilities. I did, however, spend a lot of time looking at myself in the massive floor to ceiling mirrors in the dressing room. Yes, it had a dressing room!

 See what I mean about ostentatious frocks? But I LOVE these little shoes! I must have had them for five or six years now but they are so comfortable and so cute that I wear them all the time - even if they do make my feet smell rather strongly! Just to the left hand side of me you can see a Corby trouser press. Can anyone tell me just why there are so many of these things in existence? Anyone?

So other than taking posey pictures of myself in mirrors I had a lovely dinner and a bit of a drink and a lot of a giggle with my partner, but we ended up getting an early night: he promptly fell asleep and I took one or two more shots of myself, all terribly pretentious of course! The last things to come off for the night were my shoes and hold-up stockings so I took these two shots, first of my stockinged foot:
I like the way you can barely see the stocking stretched between my toes! It felt so good to take my shoes off at the end of the night. Even the most comfortable shoes are torture after 12 hours in them I am sure! And after 12 hours in mine the soles of my feet were a little grubby, as you can see:

I am convinced my calves look MASSIVE in this shot but look at me selflessly putting it up for your viewing pleasure anyway! My poor soles were all swollen and red after standing up for most of the day, too!

I've never liked having to get an early start for the day - I am not a morning person! - and I slept as late as I possibly could on Saturday morning and still woke up feeling shattered! There's nothing worse than having to drag yourself out of bed when you would much rather still be sleeping but I did it, even though I had to put my heels back on while my feet were still sore. I must be a bit of a bad girl though because I could tell my stockings were the last thing off the night before...

...because shoes and underwear were left in a little pile!! Naughty kitten! I love the purple tartan lining of these shoes though so I thought I'd take a shot and show you all my shame! Oops! I then realised I had only brought the one pair of stockings with me and would have to wear them two days in a row and by the time we got home my feet hurt and smelled pretty bad, and I had ripped riiiiight through the toe of my left stocking - curses! It felt quite nice to rip it a little more with my toes though - hehehe!

I also chipped my nail polish within two days of putting it on - I am gutted! This means it's got to come off because there's nothing more annoying to me than having scruffy toenails. Tomorrow I have to be up and out the house by 7:30am to take a friend to hospital, but after that and after a good dose of housework I think I will reward myself with a nice soak in the bath and then a home pedicure! 

Love, 

Kitten xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment