Tuesday 23 October 2012

Tuesday's Child Is Full Of Grace

Aloha, darlings!



Welcome to Tuesday! Things have been much better at Kitten Towers today, and I've even managed to get some things done and go into town! Hurrah! In honour of this special occasion I popped into Poundland on my way home and bought not one, not two, but THREE new nail varnishes! I only felt a very slight pang of guilt when I opened the packet, removed the nasty bright yellow polish from the three pack and replaced it with a sparkly one from another pack...

I clearly wasn't the first person to do it, however, so it was only a small pang. 

So here's the shiny new colours! 



Unfortunately I may have made a favourite pair of socks really quite dirty! I forget that wearing pale socks with my old, battered, beloved 50s heels will make my soles all mucky. Walking around my house (which is still being done up) with them and no slippers too won't help either. But it means I have nice warm toes! 



I'm now going to tackle my rather chipped and unfortunate nail varnish job! Clearly, as I have new nail varnishes I must try them out. It's high time I trimmed my nails and took care of my cuticles and generally did a bit of maintenence. I have a little ritual when I am doing a bit of a pedicure, which means that I do things just so. I like to start by giving my feet a little soak in some warm water with a bit of bath oil in it, then scrub with some sugar scrub (which I make myself!) and then pumice them smooth. Then comes moisturiser and once that's soaked in, I trim my nails and file them to a nice shape.



I'm quite bendy so I do like to sit in lotus position and pull my feet up towards me - it's awkward for some, but it works! After my nails are shaped I get to paint them! Today I used two of my new varnishes, the blue and the sparkly topcoat, and I think they look gorgeous!



My final task is to scrub my toes super thoroughly when I get out the shower, to remove any excess polish. It's easier than trying to clean up with a cotton bud (Q-tip) and works just as well. So there we go - ta-daa! Shiny, pretty toes in next to no time at all. 

Love, 

Kitten xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment